I kiss the IPT group goodbye in a few minutes and fly from Bleaker to Saunders for five days in bird photography heaven. Then back to Bleaker for three night, then Santiago, Chile, and then home late on 25 DEC 🙂
Selling Your Used Photo Gear Through BIRDS AS ART
Selling your used (or like-new) photo gear through the BAA Blog or via a BAA Online Bulletin is a great idea. We charge only a 5% commission. One of the more popular used gear for sale sites charged a minimum of 20%. Plus assorted fees! Yikes. They went out of business. And e-Bay fees are now up to 13%. The minimum item price here is $500 (or less for a $25 fee). If you are interested please scroll down here or shoot us an e-mail with the words Items for Sale Info Request cut and pasted into the Subject line :). Stuff that is priced fairly–I offer pricing advice to those who agree to my terms, usually sells in no time flat. Over the past year, we have sold just about everything in sight. Do know that prices on some items like the EOS-1D Mark IV, the old Canon 500mm, the EOS-7D, and the original 400mm IS DO lens have been dropping steadily and that big, heavy Nikon super-telephotos have been nearly impossible to sell.
Used Gear Cautions
Though I am not in a position to post images of gear for sale here or elsewhere, prospective buyers are encouraged to request for photos of the gear that they are interested in purchasing via e-mail. Doing so will help to avoid any misunderstandings as to the condition of the gear. Sellers are advised to photograph their used gear with care against clean backgrounds so that the stuff is represented accurately and in the best light; please pardon the pun :).
- William B Ellison, Jr.sold his a used Canon EOS 5D Mark III in near mint condition for the then BAA record-low price of $1497 in early December.
- Ron Ozuna sold his Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM lens in near-mint condition for $2699 in early December.
- IPT veteran and good friend Mark Hardymon sold his used Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4G ED VR lens in excellent condition for the by far BAA record low price of $5700 in late November.
- IPT veteran Mark Overgaard sold his Canon EF600 f/4L IS II USM lens in excellent plus condition for $9,295 in mid-November.
- IPT veteran Larry Master sold his Canon EF600 f/4L IS II USM lens in excellent plus condition for $9,295 in mid-November.
- Bill Hill sold his like-new Canon EOS 5DS R for an incredibly low $2599 five minute after it was listed in early November.
- Bob Serling sold his Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens in near-mint condition for $4449 and his older, Canon EF300mm f/2.8L IS lens in excellent plus condition for the shock-the-world price of $2399 within a day or three of listing them here. Why? He wanted to sell them and listened to my pricing advice.
- Multiple IPT veteran Larry Master sold his Canon EOS 24-105mm f/4 L IS lens in excellent condition for $549 to a private buyer.
NIKKOR AF-S 70-200 f2.8G ED VRII Lens
IPT veteran Dick Evans is offering a NIKKOR AF-S 70-200 f2.8G ED VRII Lens in like-new condition for $1399. The sale includes a 77mm SnapOn lens cap, the F4 Rear Lens Cap, the HB48 Bayonet Lens Hood, the CLM2 Lens Case, the Removable tripod collar, the original box, and insured ground shipping (via UPS) to US addresses only. The item will not ship until your check clears unless other arrangements are made.
Please contact Dick via e-mail or by phone at 1-907-854-1321 (Alaska time-please leave a message).
The Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR II lens is every bit as versatile as the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS lens. You can use a 70-200 for tame birds, bird-scapes, scenics, Urbex, flower-scapes, and just about anything else you want to photograph. With Nikon you can add the 1.4 or the 1.7 TCE for even greater versatility. artie
Canon EOS-1D X Body
Ramona Boone is offering a Canon EOS-1D X in excellent condition with 144,000 shutter actuations for the BAA record-low price of $2359. Recently cleaned and checked by Canon USA. The sale includes the original box, the strap, all cables, manuals, the blank registration form, the single battery, the front cap, and insured ground shipping via major courier.
Please contact Ramona via e-mail.
Two 1D X bodies served as my workhorse camera bodies for several years: fast, rugged, quality image files, and an excellent AF system. artie